Pages

Sunday 12 May 2013

Broken Images

During the face paint photo-shoot I had bracketed some images to produce HDR photos like this first image.




However when I loaded two images into a program that were not from the same group, the result were surprising, shown in this broken image:






I created several more broken images using the same process, loading different images into a program that thinks it is being given images of the same group. They are rough and random, but some have the potential to be developed more. Shadows and light seem to be important and can result in interesting combinations, similar to rules that influence double exposures in film photography.












I also tried combining a portraiture shot with the 'Day of the Leekids' cityscape image, the city came through strongly in the shadowy areas of the image, I plan to try out more of this completely unrelated combination technique.


I will explore this technique more later, with photo-shoots that contain compositions designed to blend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment