Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Artzine project

One of my favorite projects on my National Diploma Course was the artzine project. [unit 35, words and images] I ended up producing a standard artzine, folded from an A3 sheet.

Our pathway was fortunate enough to have Alex Higlett come in as a guest lecturer to explain the process and  applications of Artzines. My lecturer Georgina Hounsome helped me develop a printing technique comining relief print, photograms and digital media to produce the final outcomes shown below.

We were given several topics to choose from, I chose Boys and Girls, developing it into an exploration of the representation of sexuality. I used the lyrics from Blur's 'girls and boys' song to illustrate the complicated and confusing nature of peoples sexuality, which becomes harder to understand the closer you look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment